Thursday, August 13, 2009

Free Chore chart for kids




I created this chore / activity chart to use with my little girl. I've decided to share it with all my readers for FREE! You can download this 2 page PDF file by clicking HERE. Instructions are included in the file, however, I'm going to post them here as well. This file prints perfectly onto
a standard 8.5 inch by 11 inch paper.

Instructions:

1: Print the “Busy Bee’s Activities” chart onto card-stock.

2: Have the printed card-stock laminated or put a clear contact paper over the
images for extra protection. Feel free to skip this step if you wish.

3: Cut out beehive & bee’s.

4: If you wish to add any glitter or embellishments, do so now.

5: Glue some magnets to the back the beehive & one magnet to each bee.

6: Print or write some activities and/or chores onto a small piece of paper.
Here is a list of some activity ideas. Feel free to add any that would work for your child’s age.

•Read a book with mom. •Help mom make cookies. •Clean all the mirrors in the bathrooms. •go tickle dad. •Count how many times you can find the word “the” in your favorite book. •Practice sight words. •jump 10 times. •Make pudding pops. •Write a letter to Grandma. •Choose a game to play with mom. •Enjoy a yummy snack. •Complete a worksheet •Complete a (be specific) craft project. •Learn to tie your shoe. •Cut out your favorite pictures from some junk mail or old magazines. •Make up a story about your favorite animal.

7: Fold the small paper in half (so that your child can’t see what he/she is picking) and place behind each magnet.

Be sure to change out activities on a daily basis to fit your needs and to keep your child interested.

8: Set aside a time each day or week for child to complete the activities.

Here are some rules:
•The child can pick any bee that he/she wants to. The child has to complete the chore or activity before moving on to the next bee.
•I usually let my kids pick 6 bee’s a day. I usually include something fun, something educational, a chore, & a physical activity.

I hope you and your children enjoy these fun activities together.

8 comments:

~amy~ said...

What a super fun Chore Chart!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is awesome! My Daughter would love these... I think it's great that you mixed in "fun" activities as well. Can't wait to try this!

Emily Call said...

I was just thinking that I needed to make a chart for Cait... now I don't have to. It is so cute!

The Grounds Family said...

This is so cute! What a great idea and thanks for sharing!!!

~kelly marie~ said...

This is adorable! I will show it to my sister-in-law who has a daughter. So cute!

Er-u-di-tion said...

Great idea!

Try playing a board game called Er-u-di-tion that incorporates both sight words and phonics.

This award winning game helps children learn to read, spell and understand the most common words in the English language while playing an entertaining board game.

Cards are categorized so children of all reading levels can play together!

Arianna Belle said...

Very cute!

Lillian J. Banks said...

The link for the bee chore chart is not working- rkrk04@gmail.com